A Big Thank You and a Funny Blog

THANK YOU to everyone who signed the petition yesterday! I recognized many, many of your names on the petition list, and I was encouraged with each one. We have 525 signatures as of this writing, and though I don't know if it will help pass the non-profit proposal, it definitely helped me feel supported and loved.

an angled shot of a nicely decorated living room with a couch in the middle, you can just see a yellow lab laying on the couchA special thanks to my blogging friend Min who posted on her blog about Francie and the petition. She has a beautiful blog about her dog and life as the wife of a military man. If you haven't yet, check it out. She's funny and creative and has a yellow lab, Bella, pictured above. I hope someday we'll get to meet in person.


simplistically childlike drawing of a girl in a pink dress leading a black and brown dog down the stairsI decided my blog was getting to be too much of a downer, so I want to share some comic relief. A dog park friend turned me on to this blog called Hyperbole and a Half, and it is HILARIOUS. The pictures are illustrated using MS Paint, and their simplicity and zaniness adds to the sarcastic but spot-on writing. I have spent HOURS reading through her posts and laughing at her drawings--the best ones are highlighted on the side bar. They will cheer you up on your darkest day.

As far as the animal shelter and Francie, I don't know anything yet. I went to the city council meeting last night, and it wasn't good. It's too complicated and boring to go into detail, but things are BLEAK. I am separating myself from the shelter this week because there's too much fighting and nastiness there right now.

Next Monday, I will go spring Francie and bring her to our home as a foster. I have already gotten in touch with a couple of local rescue groups who have extensive networking contacts. It boggles my mind how fast they spread information! A rescuer contacted me this morning, saying this: "I love this girl's face (Francie's)--she looks like my Chance--who is a love of my life. There is nothing I would not do for him. You let me know when she is all settled in with you. I am connected with SF rescue groups. I am sure I can ask them for her to attend local adoption events. Thank you for saving her life!"

I'm hopeful.

Tessa99999  – (July 12, 2011 at 1:40 PM)  

Good luck Mimi! You're doing a great thing! I know fostering will not be as easy as having one well trained dog, but it is an amazing thing. I've signed the petition and passed it along to some more people. Hopefully it will help! Also I totally love Hyperbole and a Half. My favorite post is "Dogs Don't Understand Simple Concepts Like Moving". It's HILARIOUS if you haven't read it yet!

Raiser Erin  – (July 12, 2011 at 4:50 PM)  

Francie's got someone out there who cares for her and that's the big thing. I think she'll be ok. She's got a real good friend! :)

Beth and Alfie  – (July 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM)  

Excellent news. Sounds like a good day all around. People can really make a difference just by caring -- something you do really well, Mimi!

Thanks for the blog recommendations too -- I just checked them out and they're both fun!

Golden Samantha  – (July 12, 2011 at 6:37 PM)  

Mimi! It's been far too long and we've been very bad blogger pals. Sorry we weren't able to check in yesterday for the petition - sounds like serious (and stupid human) stuff. Francie looks like a sweetie pie - paws and fingers cross oover here - sure she'll find a home! Now we'll go check out that site that's hilarious! Give Cabana lots of scritches!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie, Avalon and Oz

Min  – (July 12, 2011 at 6:56 PM)  

Hi Mimi! Thanks for sharing my own blog and Hyperbole and a Half. I have been reading it during commercial breaks of the Harry Potter marathon I had recorded. I don't know what it is about that blog, but I can't control my laughter. What a great find!

Becky Andrews  – (July 12, 2011 at 7:20 PM)  

I have read your blog and been inspired by your love and passion for these wonderful dogs. I've felt uplifted (not downed by it) :). Thanks for the fun blog links too.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP