Dog-Friendly Healdsburg

landscape photo of rolling hills with vineyardsLast week, my daughters, Cabana and I took a day trip to the town of Healdsburg, a very hip winery town of cute shops, fabulous restaurants, rolling hills and vineyards. My daughters love Healdsburg and say they'd like to live there someday. I'd love it if they did end up living there, so I could visit them often.

patio seating at cafe, my two daughters sitting at round table, with cabana in down position in front of tableThankfully for Cabana, Healdsburg is also a dog-friendly town. We had lunch at a little French cafe called Costeaux. The waiter even brought Cabana three homemade dog biscuits and a bowl of water. Cabana was so well-behaved, with a steady down-stay by our table the whole time we ate (granted, the homemade dog biscuits helped occupy her). When Cabana was a puppy in training, one thing we never did master was her restaurant etiquette--so I was really pleased that she has matured into a polite restaurant companion.

cabana sitting on sidewalk outside yogurt shopMost of the stores on the Healdsburg Plaza allow dogs to enter. Understandably, Snowbunny, an organic frozen yogurt shop, can't allow dogs. But their yogurt is super delicious, so my daughters went in to order while Cabana and I waited outside.

cabana sitting in the exact center of a large circular gazeboWe sat under the gazebo in the middle of the Plaza to eat our yogurts. I had Cabana sit in the center so I could snap this photo. While I was taking the photo, my daughters overheard some people laughing at Cabana as they passed by!! One of them splayed out his arms and hands in a gesture that imitated Cabana's hind legs. Harumph, what a wise guy.

close up of cabana sitting under gazebo with her legs in a knock-kneed positionCabana has always had a silly sit, which was a concern in my Tuesday Topic from a year ago! Some things never change!

Becky Andrews  – (June 30, 2010 at 10:53 AM)  

Sounds like a delightful place to visit with your daughters and how fun Cabana could join, too.

Heather and Kelly  – (June 30, 2010 at 11:15 AM)  

I used to think the Labby sit was really weird....by now I've seen so many dogs do it I think I've become desensitized. :)

OSU 98  – (June 30, 2010 at 11:31 AM)  

Love Healdsburg. My cousin got married there in 2003...can't remember the name of the place. However, I do recall there was this winery...a gorgeous castle type of winery that would be perfect for a wedding someday, but I can't remember the name of it. Am I ringing a bell at all??? We stopped on the way back to the East Bay...but I can't for the life of me remember the name to it...

What a good girl Cabana is. So glad she behaved too...I tell Chel all the time that puppies that behave get to go more places. We are still working on that with little Acie....

Infrequent Flyers  – (June 30, 2010 at 12:02 PM)  

OSU, maybe you're referring to Castello di Amorosa, which is actually in Napa and doesn't allow weddings. (Napa has VERY stringent rules about where weddings can be held, since so many people want to have weddings in Napa, and the hometowners get tired of all the hoopla.)

My favorite winery in Healdsburg is Ferarri Carano--it's gorgeous and is a lovely place to visit even if you're not into wine.

Lauren  – (June 30, 2010 at 12:14 PM)  

That looks like a really nice place to visit! I'm glad to hear that Cabana got to come along; she looks like she really enjoyed herself in those photos. Her sit is SO cute. I love that last photo of her, she is so pretty and has such a great smile!

Beth and Alfie  – (June 30, 2010 at 1:25 PM)  

You're right that some things never change -- Cabana's as cute as ever! ;)

Sounds like a lovely day!

Maggie Mae and Max  – (June 30, 2010 at 5:10 PM)  

Cabana,
What a fun place to be, I wishes I could go and visit there. :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

PeeS I thinks you sits just fine.

Kari in Alaska  – (June 30, 2010 at 5:14 PM)  

her sit is so cute. That sounds like it was a fun trip

Lisa and pups  – (June 30, 2010 at 5:47 PM)  

What a great time and so nice to go somewhere so dog friendly! Cabana's really filled out and looks very good! Still love her sit!

D.K. Wall  – (June 30, 2010 at 6:03 PM)  

Cabana, Natasha says there is nothing wrong with your sit. And she sis a queen.

Sierra Rose  – (June 30, 2010 at 7:28 PM)  

What a fun day! Healdsburg is a fantastic place! Only been a few times, but always enjoy the area. Sierra Rose does a 'funny' sit as well sometimes, if she is not trying to lean on me!!! :)
Hope we can get together in the next month or so :)

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Cassie & The Dogs  – (June 30, 2010 at 9:47 PM)  

So fun! Dagan says that Snowbunny had especially good fro-yo for you cause he helped pick just the right dairy products to send them. OK, maybe he just slept while trucks came in and left... We need to get up there!

Ms. ~K  – (July 1, 2010 at 9:51 AM)  

What a fun day!!!
Licks and sniffs,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

Dexter  – (July 3, 2010 at 2:22 PM)  

That sit is not really very ladylike, but if it works for you, go for it!

Slobbers,
Mango

Carrie and Waffle  – (July 5, 2010 at 3:44 PM)  

HA! Waffle still sits like that too.we used to worry about it but gave up and just started taking funny pictures.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP